Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire Gallery Series GLTF2940FS will not spin.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Is the water draining ?is the door lock light on ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes to both.
okay this is a common problem with these. your door switch is bad. its locking and the light is on but its not sending a signal the mail control that its locked. there are different contacts inside the lock assembly that are suppose to send a signal to the board. one of the contacts is burnt. the board doesn't see the door is locked. you need to order and replace it. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock-Motor-and-Switch-Assembly/131763202/1531974
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If it doesn't sense that it's locked than why does it go through most of the wash cycle and stops right before spin up.
well what happens is the lock sends a signal to the control telling it that its locked and to go ahead and spin.its a safety . the machine wont spin if the doors unlocked or it thinks it is. Its like the top loads, if the lid is up it wont spin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok if I get this part and install it and the problem is not fixed what else could it be?
if that doesn't take care of it which I'm pretty sure will you have a bad main control board.the good thing about the site I gave you to order this is they have a money back guaranty even if you install the part. 100% money back . these machines are famous for that issue. hope this helps, thanks Bryan