Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE Triton dishwasher does not clean and leaves a film on

My GE Triton dishwasher does not clean and leaves a film on the dishes. Is there a fix - such as unclogging the soap dispenser (no soap remains in the dispenser after the cycle is complete. The GE Profile model had an issue with the dispense clogging due to using dishwashing detertent which contained both clorine and enzymes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model # ? also start the machine and let it fill. when its done filling open the door and tell me how much water in inches is in the bottom. does it reach the heater ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is a Triton XL. I cannot find a model number per se. About 1` inch of water and it does not reach the heater.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay thats the problem, theres not enough water in the dishwasher, check and make sure your water is turned on fully under the sink, if it is you need to replace your water valve in the machine.this isn't opening fully so your not getting enough water in the allotted time. without a model # XXXXX'm guessing this is the correct valve, heres a link to order it. theres also a video there to show you how to replace it. thanks Bryan