Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Just replaced an HV control board on a Maytag french door refrigerator.

Just replaced an HV control board on a Maytag french door refrigerator. Trying to program it with the correct code. Followed the instructions for programming and can't get the lights to blink and allow me to enter the code. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Please look at the box the part came in and let me have the part number you received also you model and serial number on the refrigerator sticker in the fresh food section.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MFI2568AES

10971804JN

The high voltage board kit is 16027069

Current digital readout is PE0 000, not blinking. Followed the programming instructions, but having no luck.

Thanks

Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
It will not let you enter any numbers at all? Your just stuck period?

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing. Also, I thought this was kind of weird, but when I push the + on the refrigerator button, it says H20, and when i push the down button it says ice. Why would it be doing that. Those don't even correlate with my water/ice buttons.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
That is because you are going through the diagnostic menu, there are more things you could do than just programming. Where you want to be is PE0000. So if you were to enter the code as 0000 will it let you do that?

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says PE0000 right now.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
I know but can you save it? Will it let you do that?

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lights are not flashing and it will not let me save/change anything. There are only two buttons on the digital control panel that will even cause a change to the display and those are the + and - refrigerator temp buttons. They will temporarily read H20 or ice, and then after a few seconds flash back to PE0 000. But the PE0 000 is constant, not flashing, and I cannot accept or change anything.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for 5 minutes then plug it back in and try again. Let me know what happens then please.

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Getting ready to plug it back in. Instructions say that to "exit" programming mode, close refrigerator doors. Does that mean they should be open while I am trying to program?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
No just leave them closed.

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, plugged back in
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Give it a shot and see if it will let you put your code in.

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did it
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
You should be good to go. Give it 24 hours to get cool. It usually takes a lot less but thats what Maytag says it takes. Thank you for the opportunity.

Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.