Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have a washer mod. no. WFW8410SW01 that doesnt complete cycles.

have a washer mod. no. WFW8410SW01 that doesn't complete cycles. Runs for a while, then just shuts down. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! What part of the cycle does it stop in? Does the tub move at all? Any codes displayed on the screen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It stops while agitating, tub moves fine (motor/belt OK) No codes on display, it just powers down.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, so I understand completely, it will start and fill and wash fine but then completely shuts off during the wash cycle? Will it start back up and if so, does it start at the same spot it died or do you have to start all over with a new cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it will not start where it stopped, starts only a new cycle.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you! Let's see if any codes are present in the CCU. Locate the "Spin Speed" button and, with the machine off, press and hold that button for 3 seconds, release for 3 seconds, press and hold for 3 seconds, repeating until all the lights come on. Once they do, write down any F codes that present on the display. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did the self-diagnosis, F21 showed up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

F21-

If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes the water valves turn off.

This error code is only shown in Diagnostic test.

Possible Causes/Procedure

- Ask the customer how much detergent they are using and if it is HE

detergent. May have too much suds present causing this condition.

- Turn washer ON to verify pump operates, run the drain cycle.

- Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.

- Unplug washer or disconnect power

- Check wire harness connections at the Drain Pump, Pressure SW &

CCU (DP2, PR6 cavities) connectors are not broken or wires detached

and connector internal pins are visible.

- Check continuity from the Drain Pump & CCU (DP2 cavity) connectors.

- Check continuity from the Pressure SW & CCU (PR6 cavity) connectors.

- If the continuity diagnosis failed, Main Harness must be replaced.

- Make continuity test to the Pressure SW. See pages 8.

- Check the resistance of the motor pump. See pages 8.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power.

- Run the drain cycle.

- If the failure continues, unplug washer or disconnect power.

- Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.

- Disassemble the drain pump from the washer.

- Check that the impeller is not detached from the motor shaft. If the

impeller is detached from the shaft, is broken or has any scratch, the

drain pump must be replaced.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power cord.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You referred to page 8, I assume there are motor/resistance specs. I don't have the manual.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well 90% of the time its either the pump trap which you already cleaned or the pressure switch (water level control) I just copied the manual instructions thats why it said page 8. your problem is the pressure switch, these machines are famous for bad pressure switches. this is located under the top in the back right corner. you can order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pressure-Switch/W10163980/1399592?modelNumber=WFW8410SW01 for around $20.00. I'm pretty confident of that .
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.