Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My freezer works fine on my GE Profile, but my fridge is warm,

My freezer works fine on my GE Profile, but my fridge is warm, is it my ADCB, thermostat, or other?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model # ? also is there any frost on the back panel behind your food in the freezer? look real good.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model # XXXXX no frost but condensation
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay so theres a lot of moisture in the freezer ? this is a bottom freezer correct ?is the bottom drawer shutting tightly ? check real good. is the fan running in the freezer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, it is a bottom freezer, but the freezer works fine the condensation is in the fridge portion around back, copper line (uninsulated section).
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
oh. so your talking about behind the refrigerator ? you see the reason I ask is because all the cold comes from the freezer. the fan in the freezer blows cold air into the refrigerator section and thats how it cools, there are no coils inside the fresh food the fan blowing cold air from the freezer to the fresh food section ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I realize that and did defrost for possible blockage with ice, not helped, no air is blowing into fridge section
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay when you defrosted it did you remove the panel inside the freezer behind the food and defrost all the coils? you will need to do that and replace the defrost thermostat and timer to get this to run correctly again. I recommend replacing both because these after a few years fail.this is the defrost timer. Defrost Timer WR9X483 Main Product Viewtheres no adaptive defrost board in the model. and here is the thermostat. you can replace both for under $50.00 which will give you a lot more years out of this. heres a link to the parts. this will get you back up and running correctly for years to come.thanks Bryan