Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my electric washer wont go into the high speed spin cycle...only the slow one. I ha

my electric washer won't go into the high speed spin cycle...only the slow one. I have replaced the pump and it wasn't that..any suggestions???
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And what do you mean "only the slow one"? Are you saying it will spin in one direction during the spin cycle but just not fast enough?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model ATSAOAWN Commercial High Efficiency Washer Super Capacity Plus 6 Speed

When it enters the spin cycle it will spin slowly to the left, stop and then spin slowly to the right. It repeats this pattern, never going to a high spin cycle, leaving the clothes full of water.

I replaced the pump with a new one no luck.
OK so the reason the tub goes back and forth is because it doesn't think that the tub is balanced. Now this is a bad error because you can't test to determine which part is faulty for certain. The tachometer in the motor sends a signal to the main control board to tell it whether or not the tub is balance so it can go into the spin cycle. You could have either a bad motor or a bad main control board, it's really a 50/50 guess as to which part you want to replace first.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Could it be a problem with the door latch or switch? Or are you pretty sure it is either of the above
The door latch assembly would actually stop the motor from moving at all, so if it's going back and forth, the door latch assembly is not going to be the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bummer, I live 150 miles from the nearest repair place here in Alaska, sounds like I will be taking this in, and this sounds like a bit harder to fix than the motor I just installed....and expensive too. Thanks for your help...any parting adivce?
Ick, I'm really sorry for the situation you're in. I'm not sure what to tell you other than I do wish you only the best and hope things work out for you.