Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have the below refrigerator: Frigidaire Model #PLHS67EGSB2 Serial

I have the below refrigerator:

Frigidaire
Model #PLHS67EGSB2
Serial # XXXXX

-When I try to use the ice maker on the outside of the fridge by pressing a cup on the automatic ice dispenser, nothing happens (unless you press extremely hard). You also have to pull the actuator towards you after for the door to close. In addition, the water is now dripping after using the water dispenser, and the ice dispenser won't switch between the crushed and regular ice.

-The machine still makes ice
-The motor to dispense the ice works

-I've had two people come by, one stating it's something with the ice actuator (when it is pressed, there is no longer resistance, and you have to press extremely hard against it for the machine to work). The other said it's the powerboard malfunction (which kind of makes sense for the switching between crushed and regular).

I'm not sure what to do. They want to charge $400 for it to be fixed. Help please!!!
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

It seems you have two different issues with this. 1 is the actuator for the ice. 2 the dripping is caused by a bad water inlet valve. both would need to be replaced to fix the issues. Total cost for the two parts is around $160.00 so I think $400.00 is way to high. if you think you can replace these yourself heres a link to all the parts. parts