Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, Or Maytag Neptune Washer door is locked, and will not

Or Maytag Neptune Washer door is locked, and will not unlock.
The door locked light remains OFF. Tried switching the circuit breaker off, and restarting - all to no help. Display flashes "Do" then "Fl" with soft buzzing, then no action.

Any ideas?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you by chance have the model # ? if not can you tell me if the soap dispenser is on the top on the left side?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Let me get the model #.
Yes, the soap dispenser is top left.

okay Ernie, the first thing you need to do is get the door open. the open the dispenser and remove the four screws holding the trim on. remove the trim and then look in the front part of the dispenser for a florescent plastic cord. pull the cord to release the door.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you! Door open!

More problems apparently. Got the clothes out, but even empty and turning off, and doing the circuit breaker again - if you close the door and turn the machine on, in a few seconds again "do" flashes on the display and then "FL". Usually all preceeded by 4 soft buzzing sounds (a soft alarm??).

Not sure. Maybe the lock mechanism is needing replacement?? The "door locked button" never does light up now. And as soon as you close the door, it will not open - machine on or off - except by pulling the fluorescent cord to release/open.

okay great ! can you look inside the door and get me the model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is MAH5500B on the manual.
Will check inside the door too.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here are all the numbers.
Model: MAH5500BWW
Serial #: 74937072ZZ

you will need to replace the latch assembly. heres a link to the part . remove the screws in the door hinges band then the ones across from them and remove the front panel. then you can take the screws out and lift the top to get to the latch assembly. hope this helps. thanks Bryan