Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile fridge model # XXXXX WW and the temp

I have a GE Profile fridge model # XXXXX WW and the temp isn't holding. I've replaced the small cooling fan and it worked for a couple of weeks but now isn't holding temp again. Someone gave me an extra main board that they had and I'm wondering if it will work in this fridage? The board number is: WR55X10942. Thanks, Erik
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is there any frost on thye back panel inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX main board part # XXXXX says "do not use on dual evaporator or variable speed inverter compressor models" and I'm not sure if that includes my fridge?
that board will fit that refrigerator. thats what comes up on your refrigerator. your refrigerator shows a single speed compressor. that board will fit yours.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that I just plug the existing connectors into the ones that are most closely matched on the new board right? They appear to be in roughly the same place but are oriented slightly differently.
yes , the plugs will only fit in the connectors that match the pin configuration. these boards are slightly different in appearance but are the same otherwise.