Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dishwasher wont start or advance. When timer dial is set

Dishwasher won't start or advance. When timer dial is set to normal there is a short hum (two seconds) and then it clicks off. Motor turns free by hand not sure what to check?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the motor wont start at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It won't run. That is, it tries to start (sounds like the start windings hums) then shortly there is a click and it shuts off. It never does turn at all.
okay the click is the motor overload kicking the motor off. do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I checked ohms at the motor wire harness. I got close to 6 ohms checking line to neutral and start then run windings. Couldn't figure where to go from there?

well if the motor turns freely and this wont start you will need to replace the motor start relay. Relay(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product Viewthis is located in the front behind the kick plate under the door. you can order this at the link below.