Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Accidentally turned on the delay on my magtag washing machine

Accidentally turned on the delay on my magtag washing machine and cannot turn it off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

its not responding to the start/pause and reselect the cycle when you try that ? have you tried setting the delay for 1 hour and waiting to see if it starts then ? also try unplugging the machine for 5 minutes then try and reset the control. in the meantime I'm looking through the service manual now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did turn the circuit breaker off. The machine is in too tight a spot for me to get behind it to unplug it. Wouldn't turning the breaker off work just as well? I didn't leave it off more than a few seconds, though.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes that will do the same thing. try leaving it off for 5 minutes. according to the manual the way you are trying to cancel this is the right way. the child lock light isn't on correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Whe I turn the machine on, everything lights up as if it's ready to start the cycle, only it doesn't. Yes, the child lock is on. Should I try to turn off the child lock?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes thats the problem , the control is locked unlock the child lock, press the chime and delay start pads at the same time for 3 seconds. this will unlock it and then you can cancel the delay start.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You were correct! I turned off the child lock and I'm now washing my clothes! Thank you so much for your help..Well worth the $30!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome. have a great day and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will recommend this website on my facebook page. Is there a way to leave feedback for you or the website? I think I clicked on "accept answer twice". I won't be charged twice, will I?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

there should be a feedback button on your end where you can leave feedback for me. I'll check and make sure your not charged twice. have a great day !, thanks again, Bryan

P.S. I love facebook ! LOL

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I checked, you were only charged once

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here