Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

my oven keeps on saying -F3- , and it provents me from cooking

my oven keeps on saying -F3- , and it provents me from cooking anything in it. What does that mean ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Robert : Hello.
Robert : Do you have a voltmeter?
Customer:

yes we do

Robert : The f3 error on your unit is a code letting you know the oven sensor is bad and will need to be replaced. From my experience on theis unit, I recommend testing the oven sensor wire were it plugs in to the clock.
Robert : The sensor should read between 1050 to 1100 ohms at roon temperature.
Robert : If you pull the back cover off of the range you will be able to access the sensor and trace the wiring back to the clock.
Robert : If it tests good where it plugs in at the clock then you will need to replace the clock on the unit. If it tests bad, go to the sensor itself and test it there. If it is still bad, replace the sensor. If it tests good then check the wiring between the sensor and the clock for breaks.
Robert : Does that sound like something you can handle?
Customer:

sure

Robert : Would you like me to get you the part numbers for both things for you just so ou have them?
Robert : I will need the model number from your range. It will be on the legs of the range where the drawer is.
Customer:

model number: FEB386WECH

series number: NF1105665

Robert : Let me get that for you.
Robert : 318010700 is the part number for the clock.NNN-NN-NNNNis the part for the sensor.
Robert : Is there anything else I can help you with today.
Customer:

Can we get a technician do this for us ? Is there something else you need to know?

Robert : It is very easy to do yourself. Unplug it before hand though. A tech will cost you about 100 dollars more than doing it yourself.
Robert : Let me know if you need me. I will be helping another customer for a few.
Customer: