Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Kenmore refrigerator mdel # XXXXX - The ice

Customer Question

I have an Kenmore refrigerator mdel # XXXXX - The ice make is making ice - however when i go to dispense it sounds like the switch is not working, it clicks - how do i open the cabinet to inspect?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  standard appliance replied 4 years ago.
My name isXXXXX have been an appliance tech for more than 15 years and I will be helping you today.Can you supply the model number from the label inside the fresh food section?

Should be numbers likeNNN-NN-NNNN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
106.57712700
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you get water through the door ? does that work ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yea
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay. when you press for ice do you hear anything trying to run ? open the freezer door and remove the auger assembly from the door. hold the light switch in and press for ice, does the auger motor start turning in the door ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No the auger does not turn - The switch clicks and that is it - How do I access the interior- Is ther a micro switch or relay that has gone bad?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

the switch in the dispenser is good or the water wouldn't work, (same switch) your auger motor has failed. you need to replace it. its just below part # XXXXX on this diagram. part # XXXXX on this diagram. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/ part-number/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/2252130/0046/106/Model-10657712700/0583/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponen t&documentCompId=K0702004&diagramPageId=00006&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=10657712700&subCompDesc=Motor%20and%20ice%20container%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE ELITE&modelDesc=SIDE-BY-SIDE-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=10657712700

part link

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to know how to access the auger motor
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you need to see if theres an access cover underneath or if not take the screws out at the top under the auger and pop the cover off there, some go in through the top and some from underneath, the diagrams don't show that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan - I Need better information on access - I see no screws at bottom and when I remove the plate that holds the auger there is a pl;ate that is on top ,but dont want ot pry open unless I know for shure - also the diagram you sent will not print accurately- can you resend those in a better format.? Thanks so far !
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

the only thing I can do is send you the link to the diagrams. unfortunately you have to pry up on the cover once all the screws are out. it goes in through the top if theres no cover under. heres the link.

diagrams best I can do. thanks Bryan