Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my side by side refrigerater model # XXXXX defrosting

my side by side refrigerater model # XXXXX defrosting on the frezzer side and warming in the fresh food section. I have replaced the mother board, the thermostat, heater and thermos sensor,. What Now?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from the compressor area about every 3-5 minutes ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have never heard any buzzing or clicking. after each step in repair it has run and frozen and cooled well for about 3-4 days before frosting up.
okay . so is the freezer frozen right now or did the refrigerator stop all together and now everything is defrosting ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is frosting and freezing over after it runs 4 plus days each time i replaced a part...as far as i can tell it stops freezing and cooling
when you say you replaced the thermal sensor is this what your talking about ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no ...the part was a 2 white wires ware with a plastic white cap on the end
just a bit large than the two wires
okay, well this part controls the heater and it needs to be replaced, when this doesn't work the heater doesn't come on and defrost therefore it will freeze up again in the amount of time your saying. you need to replace it. its the defrost thermostat. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Thermostat/WR50X10068/1170024?modelNumber=HSS25IFMDWW for about $8.50. this will fix your issue. theres also a video there that shows you how to replace it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i replaced the thermo stat you pictured in the last send...is this the part you are refering to
the one I showed you above with the orange and white wire you replaced already ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no opinion as to rating you....i just wanted a simple answer .....It is your opinion that the thermostat is the problem? meaning the one i have already put in is not functioning properly?
No I wouldn't say that the one you put in was bad. lets work some more, when you first had this problem and took the rear panel off inside the freezer did you defrost this totally before installing the parts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, the refigerator was free of ice when the control board was installed...and also when the other parts were installed i do believe ...i had the full panel in the back of the freezer off when i installed the thermostat so im sure it was ice free at that time
alright, and when you were done installing the parts you did put the back panel back in the freezer correct ? what I mean is you didn't leave it off to see if the defrost was working did you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im confused? ...do i need to replace the thermostat again?
I'm trying to figure that out.I just need more info.if you replaced it already I doubt its bad .just needed to know if you put everything back in the freezer when you were done replacing the parts . if you leave the back panel off inside the freezer it wont run correctly and will freeze up fast. you did put the panel back in when you were done replacing the parts correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i did put the panel back on
okay my feeling is that your defrost thermostat is good since its new. which thermistor did you replace.?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
this, where was the one you replaced located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the item you have pictured now the thermo sensor was behind the light bulb. The thermo stat was also in that general area
okay, theres more than one of those thermistors. the white one, you need to replace the other one too. its down the bottom on the left side # 241 on this diagram.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
replace that one also. heres a link to that one. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Hotpoint-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/WR55X10025/0046/363/Model-HSS25IFMDWW/1811/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=par tSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=H0311268&diagramPageId=00006&productTypeId=0165000&searchModelNumber=HSS25IFMDWW&subCompDesc=Freezer%20section&brandDesc=HOTPOINT&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR-M-SERIES&blt=11&shdMod=HSS25IFMDWW that should do it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that appears to be the sensor behind the light blub......where is the sensor the bottom in the diagram
and is it a same sensor
its a different sensor. this one is at the bottom of the freezer on the left side and it sticks into a little cup on the side of the freezer at the bottom of the back panel. look good you will see the wires.