Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have GE monogram side by side refridgerator. It made beeping

I have GE monogram side by side refridgerator. It made beeping noise and found out because of ice maker freezing over not properly. So I turned off the refridgerator on both sides and waited a day. Next day when I tried to turn in back on, the thermostat is still on OFF and won't turn back on. However, the thermostat is now beeping inside the refrigerator. My food is going spoil, it's Sunday and can't have anyone to come to fix the problem. What should I do? Help.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Please look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model number: ZISS420DMCS

There are no sounds at all? If not try turning the main power off to the refrigerator and turn it back on. Does the control light up then?

Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No motor sound but I am hearing beeps from the temperature pannel.

There is control light. I just can't seem to turn the refridgerator on.

How do i turn the main power off? I turned off the lights to the refridgerator so the lights are out inside the refridgerator.

Sometimes there is a switch under the top panel over the doors but it is usually easier to turn off the breaker.

Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I turned off the breaker and then turned it back on. Now the temperature panel has no light (Not even the OFF display) and it still makes beeping noise.
I am sorry for the delay. I was looking at the manual to see if there was some sort of other reset on built in models I do not know about. I found none. Perhaps another tech knows something I do not. I have relisted your question for all techs to respond to. They will be able to read our conversation to this point.

Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK thanks for trying.

You are very welcome. Thank you for the opportunity.

Barry

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately you have feedback main control board in this . ( Motherboard) this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8 x 10" cover . This is a common failure on these and there is nothing you can do short of replacing the board to repair this or get it running again. The part number for the control board is, WR55X11109. I'm not sure if you will be able to call an emergency appliance repair company whether they'll have this in stock or not but it wouldn't hurt to try . If you cannot reach somebody today the only thing you can do until tomorrow would be to go to the store and get a block of dry ice to place in the refrigerator to keep your food cold until tomorrow, sorry for the bad news. Thanks and very best wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.