Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our Kenmore Elite gas dryer has abruptly stopped working. Its

Customer Question

Our Kenmore Elite gas dryer has abruptly stopped working. It's not a power issue & the door connection seems to work so we're stumped. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good Morning. Can you get me the full model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Kenmore elite. Model 110.76962501
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Did this just stop in the middle of a cycle ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it worked fine last weekend & yesterday I tried to dry some clothes & it wouldn't start.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Do you have a volt meter ? when you push start does it make any noise at all or is it completely dead ? I think your thermal fuse may have failed

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No noise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay, I believe your thermal fuse has blown, this is a fairly easy part to replace. This is located on the blower assembly inside the dryer, I will get you some diagrams in just a few minutes. If you do not have a voltmeter or multimeter you can bypass this for a test if you wish. Give me a few minutes to bring up the diagrams, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay I found the diagrams. The first thing you will need to do is open the front panel under the door. It is an access panel and you need to use a screwdriver or putty knife to push the two clips down and told the panel open, it will hinge down, the two clips are number 46 on this diagram. Once you have the front panel open the thermal fuse is located on the blower assembly. The thermal fuses number 59 on this diagram. If you do not have a multimeter or a voltmeter to check continuity of this thermal fuse you can unplug the dryer remove the two wires from the thermal fuse and tape them together just to test and see if the dryer Starts do not run the dryer like this because this is a safety fuse and jumping it out is just for a test. Here is a link to order the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/3392519/2986?modelNumber=110.76962501 . This should take care of everything and you dry should be up and running as soon as that is replaced. Thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan - the diagrams won't open so we can't test to see if it's the thermal fuse. Please resend. Thx.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We're having a helluva time trying to get the bottom panel off. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
click this link for the diagrams of the front lower panel. take a putty knife and push the clips marked # 46 down and pull out on the top of the panel. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-11076962501/0583/0151200/K0507072/00002?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=11076962501 it will hinge down.