Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool stovetop is currently not working, but the oven

My whirlpool stovetop is currently not working, but the oven is functioning. When I turn the knob to turn on the burner, the burner doesnt heat up but the display clock comes on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You actually don't have 220 volts getting to the stove. First, try flipping the breaker off to the oven and flip it back on. If it still doesn't turn on, there is nothing that would cause this problem except if the oven is getting 110 volts instead of 220. So pull the oven forward and remove the back access panel where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer. Test power between the 2 outside terminals where the power cord connects and you should have 220 volts. If you do, then you have a broken wire between the terminal block and the upper control panel. If you don't have 220 volts, then you'll need to trace back the power through your house to find out where it's being lost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I really dont know what im doing and now the oven isnt working. I really need to use the stove

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Try flipping the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds and turn it back on to see if it will reset. If that doesn't work and you don't know what you're doing, you'll need to call an electrician out unfortunately. The issue isn't with the oven but rather power is not getting to the oven for the oven to heat or work correctly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe the similar situation is happening with dishwasher as well. It has been out for a while now but never had the funds to do it. I just tried flipping the breaker and that didnt work. Do you know of any service professionals on call?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately we don't actually run service calls through JustAnswer. You would need to call a local service provider to fix the issue.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I see this question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with today?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.