Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE refrigerator (GSS25TGMFWW). The ice dispenser

I have a GE refrigerator (GSS25TGMFWW). The ice dispenser door stays open after dispensing ice and then ice crystals form insjde the chute and on the ice-maker. Is there some maintenance I should do to get the door to close?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is a very common issue on these refrigerators. you need to replace the dispenser solenoid. this is fairly easy to replace and you can do this yourself with the help of the video at this link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dispenser-Solenoid/WR62X10055/1194707?modelNumber=GSS25TGMFWW#repairHelpVideoTabs the solenoid runs around $30.00 at the same link. these get corroded and rusted and then they stick and wont let the flap shut, hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed. I viewed the video and ordered the part

your very welcome, thanks , Bryan