Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a built-in Professional stainless steel Fridgidaire

I have a built-in Professional stainless steel Fridgidaire microwave and it definitely has power. The display window is saying to push Clear and then press Clock. When I push the buttons NOTHING happens. Is there a reset button somewhere?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number from the inside on the tag on the side wall ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model #PLMV169DCD Manufactured in 2006
do any of the keys on the touch pad work ? do any make noise like a beep when you press them ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They used to make a beeping sound but now there is no sound and nothing happens when I press any of the buttons.

Thats not a good sign, theres no reset in these the problem is the smart board has failed. if you tried unplugging this and it doesn't reset the board would need to be replaced to fix the issue. the board is around $126.00. its located behind the key pad in the control panel. theres a link below to order this is you wish.

control board--- sorry theres no easy fix for this, well wishes and thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This microwave has hardly ever been used. How could the smart board have come to be damaged? Also, can you please tell me how to remove the key pad in order to replace the smart board?
it doesn't take much to damage the control board, a power surge or spike can do that. to get the control out you need to remove the grill along the top and there are screws to remove the keypad and open the control. heres a link to all the diagrams. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan