Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a French door LG fridge with water, but not ice, in

We have a French door LG fridge with water, but not ice, in the door. The freezer is at the bottom. It is about 5 yrs old. Over time, we have had increasing problems w/ the icemaker. It makes ice cubes but there is a big clump of ice that always forms toward the back left side. This has gotten larger over time. It looks like the 'water inlet valve' might need to be replaced from my brief survey; is this correct?

Also, we love this fridge, but I must say that the drawers are definitely a weak spot! The plastic fruit and veggie bins and now the wide snack bin all get off track and eventually break. We have replaced at least one bin but now all three are off kilter again. Is this just something you have to live with on this fridge?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the full model # ? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LRFD 21855ST (I think) Out of warranty as far as I know. Thx!
okay, as far as the ice maker goes you need to order and replace the electronic fill valve. these valves have a tendency to stick open slightly and allow water to drip into the ice maker and build up ice at the back of the ice maker. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/5221JB2006K/1345088?modelNumber=LRFD21855ST and theres a video there on how to replace it. as far as the drawers go its something you have to live with. they are flimsy . you can put a little Vaseline on the tracks to help keep them from sticking but otherwise not much can be done with those. sorry. thanks Bryan