Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My front load washer is leaking from the front right corner,

Customer Question

My front load washer is leaking from the front right corner, took off the front pael appears the drum/ weight may be leaking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the problem if its in the front and is leaking down onto the drum weight and dripping down is the boot seal these develop small holes as the years go by. they crack and leak, you need to replace the door boot. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Boot-Seal/WH08X10036/1394050?modelNumber=WCVH6800J0BB this is a common problem on these machines.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was mistaking it's the left front side and it appears it's leaking frome where the weight is attached to the tub

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
does this seem to be leaking through the bolt hole in the tub ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my boy friend checked it last night he is at work any way he can call you later to talk to you, early afternoon?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes just sign back in when he gets home and have him reply. I will receive it. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you i have to go to work now I willl have him do that Smile
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay have a great day ! Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Morning Bryan, The problem seems to be the inner box where the soap dispenser drawer goes in, looking from underneath up it is cracked on the integral inlet off that box where it connects to the main part of washer
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
oh. is it the dispenser itself or the drawer ? heres the dispenser box. and heres the drawer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the tube for the dispenser box is cracked big time and leaking
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the water inlet tube ? let me pull up the diagrams. I'll be back shortly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
on this diagram can you tell me which tube ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the dispenser box is cracked where it slips over and meets with the inlet tube.

Our dryer is mounted on top, will we have to remove the dryer inorder to fix the problem?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

yes unfortunately you will need to take the dryer off and remove the top of the washer to replace that. there are screws on the back you remove to take the top off the machine. once you have those screws out slide the top back and off. then you will have access to the dispenser. heres a link to all the diagrams and parts.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WCVH6800J0BB/0432/0153200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=WCVH6800J0BB hope that helps, thanks and good job ! Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we are in covington washington is there a local store we can get the part from
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
unfortunately you would need to call and talk to the local appliance parts company's in your area. if you can tell me which part on the diagram you need I can get you the part number if you wish.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
part numbers for 137 coupler and 150 dispenser box
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
part # XXXXX is the Dispenser seal

PART NUMBER: WH41X10119

and part # XXXXX is the Main_box

PART NUMBER: WH41X10120

good luck and I hope you can get them today. well wishes and thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Surprise guess who's back it's Customer again so after further research we determined that we needed the water inlet tube so we still need to go thru the same process as before is there a link to assist us in replacing items 136 & 137? we already ordered the parts just want to know how big of a headache is this going to be..thanks

Optional Information:
Brand: ge
Type of Appliance: Washer

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay well 137 is seal for the fill tube. unfortunately theres no video to show you how to do this. once you get the top of the machine off you should be able to see how this comes out. you will need to remove the main box # 150 and then get the water inlet tube off the main tub seal boot. I wish I could walk you through it but I think you can do this once you see it. this is part # 137.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
as you can see its just a pressure fit rubber seal.