Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

what does error e205 mean on bosch sms68mo2 series dishwasher

what does error e205 mean on bosch sms68mo2 series dishwasher mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Robert : Hello.
Robert : Is the unit running at all?
Robert : The E20 error is a resistance failure in the circulation motor on the unit. The 5 just elaborates on the error letting you know that the problem is in the wash motor instead of the pump. This can be caused by a water leak into the motor OR just a motor that is dying/dead.
Robert : Resetting the power will not correct the issue. You will need to pull the unit out and inspect the motor and fix the leak(if there is one) or replace the main circulation motor. I cannot get the part number for the unit because it is pulling up under a UK branded unit. You would have to contact someone local for parts.
Robert : Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?
Customer:

Thats very helpful. I am in the industry in Australia (10 years).. Could not find the info anywhere so asked here (first time).

Robert : I am glad I could help you out. Let me know if you need anything else in the future.
Customer:

Do/did you have access to Bosch tech info ongoing for future questions. ? I have a lot of info myself built up over the years and this model of answering questions sounds attractive

Robert : I have a direct link to the Bosch tech site because I service them. I will be more than happy to help you in the future.