Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The bottome of my dishwasher has a full pan of water. When

The bottome of my dishwasher has a full pan of water. When I try to start the water dosen't turn on and it times out. The timer never goes past 84 from 85 minutes.

Any ideas?

XXX-XXX-XXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model # XXXXX I can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jetclean Dishawasher - EQ plus

Model numberMDB7100AWW

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay give me a few minutes to pull up the service manual. I'll be back shortly. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
about how much water is in the bottom now ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any thoughts?

About two inches...quite a bit. Not enough to come out when the door is open though

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay my thought is this isn't reversing direction to drain. when these drain the pump reverses direction and the drain impeller pushes the water out. if the water doesn't drain it wont refill for rinse, either the motors not reversing or the drain is clogged.is this connected to a garbage disposal ? if so has it been replaced lately ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a garbage disposal and am on well water that has a lot of iron and other stuff that occassionally clogs up shower heads. I think that there is something clogged up. How do I unclog this sucker?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well the first thing you need to do is take the drain off under the sink and put it in a bucket. turn the machine on and hit cancel/drain. does any water come out ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took the hose and unscrewed it from the drain and put into bucket hit drain/ off and nothing happens.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
does the motor start ? does it make any noise at all ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

motor doesn't start and there is NO noise at all it just times out and then start flashing?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats not good news. it means the motor is bad. when this is suppose to be washing does the motor run then ?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it does not do I need to buy a new machine?