Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore washer with a bad lid switch. How do I get

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore washer with a bad lid switch. How do I get to it to change it out? Model # XXXXX washer is XXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 4 years ago.

On these units there are several different ways. You need to remove the two screws to rotate the panel up to get access. Below is a link to a video that explains how to do this yourself.

Click here for video link
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not able to open the video link.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you resend the model # XXXXX a space between each number ?it didn't come through.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1 1 0 2 6 2 9 2 6 9 4
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Ok great, this is a fairly easy one to replace, first you have to remove the end caps on the control panel . number 8 on this diagram. just pull them from the top and they will snap off. you may need to pry them a bit with a screw driver. once those are off there are two screws you remove and then flip the control panel back its hinged. just pull it slightly forward and then flip it back, once thats done there are two gold clips one on each side, take a screw driver and pop those clips out. unplug the switch harness and tip the entire cabinet forward and off. then you can get to the lid switch for replacement. click this blue link for the video. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/3949247/547225?modelNumber=110.26292694 this will bring up the switch and then click on the see help videos and the video will show you the way to replace it. you can also order the switch there if you wish. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I accepted your answer and my credit card was charged and the money was taken out. Thats all there is so thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much, hope you have this running now, have a great day.