Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch dishwasher SHU5304UC/U06, it starts the wash

I have a Bosch dishwasher SHU5304UC/U06, it starts the wash cycle but never seems to finish. I push the drain, and the pump drains okay, but it just won't complete the cycle from the beginning.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

does the drain pump sound like it keeps running and running and never stops ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No Bryan, the machine seems to run through the cycles successfully, but it does not seem to get water into the dishes. It seems to pump okay, but the spray arms don't seem to distribute water to the dishes. There is water in the bottom of the machine when I interupt the cycle by opening the door...and when I do the cancel drain routine it dranes just fine.
Ok , how much water is in the bottom when you open the door ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would guess about 1 1/2" or so. After the cancel drain routine it is dry.

I did some more testing yesterday.

The machine gets water, and seems to drain okay, but the water simply doesn't get to the upper spray arm. When I interupt the cycle, and open the door, I can see water spewing several inches out of the lower arm holes-none out of the upper arm. The spray arms do not appear to have even been spinning. No water appears to be getting to the uppler arm. I've cleaned the filters, etc.. and seen to it that the arms themselves are clear of food stuff, etc...still no wash!

I let it run through the various cycles for two hours, and it just never seemed to finish its last cycle-had to cancel drain to get it to empty.

I'm thinking a new circulation pump...or maybe a bad control board?

I would have to agree with you on the circulation pump. the control board wouldn't cause the water no to reach the top spry arm. this is the pump.heres a link to the part .