The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

We have an error code on a Whirlpool RF 263LXTs electric range.

We have an error code on a Whirlpool RF 263LXTs electric range. The error code is F9EO. Can you help us?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.

This error code indicates that the unit is mis-wired to the homes electrical system.

Has the unit been disconnected, or installed recently?

If it has then the installer got the wires wrong.

Below are the steps you need to take to resolve the problem.

1. Unplug range or disconnect power.
2. Verify that the house power supply provides 240 VAC between L1 and L2, and 120 VAC
between L1 and N and L2 and N. If house power supply is not correct, call a qualified
electrician. If voltage measurements are correct, go to Step 4.
3. Verify that the electric supply is wired correctly at the range terminal block.
4. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
5. Plug in range or reconnect power.
6. Verify normal operation.
7. Go into the Diagnostics

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was recently disconnected. We can't remember what we did to clear it last time. I believe we disconnected it, checked the oven circuit breaker and turned it on again.

If the wires are connected correctly just kill the power to the unit at the breaker panel for a minuet or so. That will reset the main control board.

If it errors again let me know and I will draw you a diagram of how the wires should connect to it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The reseting starting the clock reset to flash, then the error code. Will resetting the clock stop it from going to error code again?
No just resetting the correct time will not resolc

Sorry my answer was cut off.

Setting the clock will not resaet the control board.

Turn off the breaker foa a minuet or so. that should get you going again. If it doesnt let me know and I will draw you a diagram of how the wires connect.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances