Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My kenmore elite HE4t washer quit before it was completed and

My kenmore elite HE4t washer quit before it was completed and where the "estimated time remaining" display is it is flashing 06 then F. I tried to restart and it keeps doing the same thing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

F06 is a tachometer error on the drive motor. The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.
  • Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor/Tachometer and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check the Drive Motor
  • Check the MCU
  • Check the Wire Harness

do you have the full model # ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So does this mean I need to call a technician out to the house or can my husband do this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well it depends on how much technical experience your husband has. mostly he could check the wiring harnesses and make sure one hasn't come loose. basically the control isn't reading the motor speed. this could be a loose harness or something deeper, the first thing he would need to check is the plugs on the motor and the motor control board.