Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a msd2354drwm may tag fridge and the water & ice dispencer

I have a msd2354drwm may tag fridge and the water & ice dispencer doesn't work. I foind the circuit board and it had a black spot on it, so I figured it had shorted out. I also have a electrical board which also has some contol over dispencing. Is there a way to make sure what board is causing the problem? I don't want to install the smaller circuit board and have it short out again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Was it the dispenser control you found the black spot on ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it is the smaller circuit board
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
this one ? where is the burn or black spot on this? does this light up at all when you press a button ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have the board out now, but no light comes on the door touch pad that dispenses the ice, water, and if is cubed or crushed
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK, did it look like a burn mark on one of the solder joints or did it look like a part of the board really heated up and melted ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the board you show doesn't picturewhere a harness plugs to the board. I think the part number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes thats the board I was talking about. in the picture the harness plugs in on the top right corner, at any rate these rarely fail unless the burn mark is completely through the board. the problem is with the first board i showed you . the dispenser control board,. you need to order and replace it. you can get this at the following link .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What happens if I replace the part and it doesn't work. Most parts business won't take back electrical parts.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the site I gave you has a full money back guarantee no questions asked. I'm 90% sure thats the issue however.the other board we never replace,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
one last question. where is the board located that you said i need? THANKS
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
its number 12 on this diagram and is located inside the dispenser behind the button control. hope this helps . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just noticed the model number I gave you is msdrwm. The correct model number is XXXXX Does this make a difference?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
this doesn't make a difference its the same part and part number. replace the board and your all set .