gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

My Maytag Neptune front load washer wont spin or fully drain

Customer Question

My Maytag Neptune front load washer won't spin or fully drain during the spin cycle. I noticed that the door lock is not working. How do I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

Hi, my name is XXXX, XXX I will be assisting you today.
Clicking accept will credit me if you are satisfied with my help.

gst85 :

do you have the full model number?

Customer :

Where is that located?

gst85 :

its going to be located in the door opening.

gst85 :

there will be a sticker that has the model and serial number.

Customer :

MAH3000AWW

gst85 :

thanks.will the tub spin at all?

gst85 :

is there any water in the tub now?

Customer :

Some, I washed one towel and it is ring wet

gst85 :

ok your pump may be blocked up.just a minute while i pull up a diagram for this model.

gst85 :

are you going to work on it yourself?

Customer :

if not too complex

gst85 :

ok if you are a handy person then you will be able to access the pump.i am going to post a diagram that will help you.once you have accessed the pump just remove the pump hose and maybe even the drain hose,you will find blockage inside the pump.[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

gst85 :

i have also posted a picture of the actual pump.

gst85 :

you will need to pull the machine foward so that you can remove the rear panel.

gst85 :

is there anything else that i can help you with?

gst85 :

are you still there?

Customer :

What about the door not locking?

gst85 :

thats would be a faulty door switch.

gst85 :

try clearing the pump first.

gst85 :

are you still with me?

Customer :

I removed hoses but there was no clog

gst85 :

check inside the pump.thats were you will find blockage.

gst85 :

did any water come out?

Customer :

yes, a little water

gst85 :

ok before you go any further,unplug the service cord.

gst85 :

then stick your fingerinside the pump.im sure you will find some type of blockage.

Customer :

I turn it on but the drum goes back and fourth but does not spin

gst85 :

are you getting an error?

Customer :

no

gst85 :

ok did you reinstall the pump hose and drain hose?

Customer :

yes

gst85 :

ok so if the pump is clear of blockage based on what the machine is doing you are just going to have a bad (motor control board)

gst85 :

what that does is controls the speed and direction of the tub.

gst85 :

this part will cost you $165,45.now it would be up to you to decide to replace it.

gst85 :

Manufacturer Number 22004046.www.repairclinic.com

gst85 :

im not sure if you have stepped away but i am here if you have any questions.

Customer :

just thinking, I don't think I can replace myself

gst85 :

you can give it a try if youd like.

gst85 :

that is the part number that you will need.

gst85 :

i would suggest that you have it replaced by a appliane tech.

gst85 :

i have to step offline for a while ,if you have no futher questions,clicking accept will credit me fr my help.