Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Im getting an E13 fault code on my Bosch Nexxt 500+ series.

Customer Question

I'm getting an E13 fault code on my Bosch Nexxt 500+ series. I followed William's directions (found on Google) the drain pump fix and found hair pins, etc. Removed the hair pins and cleaned the area, started the washer on the cold cycle, and it stopped with the E13 fault code. Just prior to it stopping and showing the code, I heard a what seemed like a steady revolution of something, and I observed water standing at the back of the drum as the drum was not spinning, no sound of water moving... What now, please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
I will need the units model number please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The error code indicates a long drain condition. If the unit is not draining completely check the coin trap/clean out again. If it is clear then reach in there and rotate the pump impellar with your finger. It should have a little resistance but not a lot. If it is catchy, or hard to turn then replace the pump.
Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.
If the wash still won't drain and give you the error code again and you have checked and cleared the filter to the drain pump the you need to replace the drain pump and then clear the codes from the washer computer.

The drain pump can be ordered at either or or Or from your local appliance parts store. Just make sure you tell them your model and serial number s and they should get the parts you need.

The drain pump is part number 436440 and should cost about $75.

If you need any other help please email me back here and I will help you more.

Otherwise, if you feel that I have helped to answer your question please remember to rate my performance and then accept my answer.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.
Here is a good video showing you how to replace a drain pump in a Bosch washing machine. Now I know it may not be the same model as yours. But most drain pumps are made the same way and are usually installed and replaced the same way. So this video should help you.

Just high light and right click on the link below to open the video.

Let me know if you can't view or open it and I will re download it for you. Or you can simply go to and type in the search bar how to replace a Bosch front load washing machine drain pump and videos should come up.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks again.