Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

Our Whirlpool fridge used to keep everything the perfect temperture

Our Whirlpool fridge used to keep everything the perfect temperture while set at the "recommended setting". Our fridge is about 12 years old. All of a sudden, all kinds of produce and anything in the middle to back of the fridge started freezing. We turned the temperature down and that does not seem to help. Now things in the front are starting to freeze, too. Do you have an explanation or suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter. I am eager to help you solve your appliance problems. Would you be able to post the model # XXXXX inside the refrigerator (upper right wall). Also what setting was the control on before you adjusted and what setting after adjustment.

Thank you for the information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ET18PKXGW0 0

3 for years. Now 2.

Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.
As long as the refrigerator is not packed with food on the shelves that would block air circulation then you have a defective temperature control. Part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way I receive pay for my knowledge and time.

Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Peter