Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The digital readout on my GE double wall oven says F7 and starts

The digital readout on my GE double wall oven says F7 and starts beeping while maintaining the correct time. I can press the cancel button and it will stop beeping for a minute then starts all over again. Both ovens still work fine.

What's wrong with it? Can I fix it, or do I need to call the repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 means that you have a shorted button on your touchpad. There is no way to get rid of the error F7 permanently other than to order and replace the entire touch control panel above the upper oven. The cost of the part is normally about $200-300 depending on the exact model number.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I don't want to replace the touchpad right now can I continue to use the oven(s) by turning the breaker on, use it, then turning the breaker back off when I'm done with it? That is, of course, if I can stand the beeping.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, that would be the other option to jus turn the circuit breaker off when you're not using the oven.