Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Bosch SHU4300 Dishwasher. Its about 10 years old.

I have a Bosch SHU4300 Dishwasher. It's about 10 years old. Never a problem till now.

We hit power and reg wash and it comes on but no water. I tried pushing various combinations of buttons as suggested in the manual to reset the cycle. One time I did this and the water came back like normal but later in the cycle the water did not come in to rinse. I still suspect the reset has not been done correctly, but it could be something else.

I've cleaned the main filter at bottom. I don't know if there are fuses.

Do I need a technician and a part...or is there a reset process I can try again?

Thanks

Jim (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

replace the water inlet fill valve at the bottom front of the dishwasher ,, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with your model number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This doesn't sound like a do-it-yourself job, but will require a technician.
My dishwasher is built in and I have no idea how to get to this valve.
Is it behind the base plate? Or at the bottom of the door?
Do I need to pull the unit out from under the counter?
you will remove the lower front panel and there are 2 screws holding it on, pull it out, disconnect the water line and the power wires and swap, it will come with instructions also and it cost about $25 ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Replaced the water inlet valve. It not makes more sound, but still now water coming in. I've reset the buttons to clean and started over and the pump comes on but even after 4-5 min...no water. Normally, soon as the I hear the pump turn on, I also hear water in the DW.

I did turn the water valve back on after replacing the inlet valve.