gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

I have a Maytag stacked washer/dryer model #LSE780ACM and the

I have a Maytag stacked washer/dryer model #LSE780ACM and the drum is not turning. Is it something I can fix since I am 60 miles from the nearest appliance store?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

Hi, my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today.
Clicking accept will credit me if you are satisfied with my help.

gst85 :

so the dryer will just not start?

Customer:

the dryer starts but the drum is not moving

gst85 :

ok can you hear the motor running?

Customer:

I am hearing the dryer run, but it doesn't sound right.

gst85 :

ok try this,open the door then push the start button and hold the door switch at the same time.

gst85 :

tell me if you can see the drum rotate.

Customer:

I did that and the drum does not rotate.

gst85 :

ok but you can hear the motor run?

Customer:

I hear something, yes.

gst85 :

ok,so it seems that you may have a borken belt which will need to be replaced.are you going to work on it yourself?

Customer:

I was hoping to because I am 60 miles from a city.

gst85 :

what i will do is post the part number as well as a diagram so that you can give it a try.just a minutes please.

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

gst85 :

here you go.i have posted a few diagrams that will help you.

gst85 :

www.partselect.com

gst85 :

let me know if you have any other questions that.

Customer:

I looked at the first diagram. It shows a 100" belt, but this a stacked Maytag wash/dryer. That belt will be too large

gst85 :

that is what the the part number calls for.

gst85 :

i will double check that .

gst85 :

ok this one will be it.

gst85 :

do you have any other questions you would like to ask me?

gst85 :

are you still there?

Customer:

yes I am. I just watched the video--He was working on a full sized dryer. But if you think the belt on mine is 100" I guess I have to brlieve you. I am going to measure first be fore I order the belt. Thank you, Juan

gst85 :

your welcome.

gst85 :

enjoy your weekend.

Customer:

One last question. If I hit accept will I lose this web site for ordering the part?

gst85 :

Before you leave...Please click on the accept button if you see one or a SMILEY FACE thst will rate me.

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs