Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

RA hs

Customer Question

MIELE KM325 GAS HOBS.

The gas supply and the spark generator have both stopped working at the same time. What has caused this failure, please? Is the problem easily resolved, please? Is there a manual available for this model, please?

Tony
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Michelle

I am still waiting for an answer.

One additional piece of information - the hobs were in use at the time of the failure and they suddenly just died on us.

Thanks

Tony

Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you today.

The gas and spark module both went out at the same time?

You can't light the burner manually with a BBQ lighter can you?

It is extremely rare that both of these parts go at the same time. Unless there is an electrical issue. Sometimes the power that gets supplied to the unit can go out. Or be damaged insome way that affects the way the machine operates. And since both of these parts that you say youAre having a problem with are electrical, I would start there.

So first please check the mains. Make sure the power is on and is at the right voltage. If it is then check the power coming into the unit. Usually at the terminal block in the back of the machine. Check that where the wires are coming from the supply from the house to the machine. Make sure the wires are connected properly and not damaged.

If there are damaged or show signs of arcing then that is your problem. And the wires and connection will need to be fixed. If the wires and connections are ok then we can heck some other areas of the machine.

But usually with this kind of complaint there is some kind of wiring or electrical issue.

If no wiring issue the replace the spark model and burner valves on themachine. If you get me the full model number of your machine I can look up the parts info for you.

If youhave any other questions please get back in touch with me here and include the full model number of themachine.

And If you feel that I have answered your question please remember to hit the green accent button below and rate my performance. Thanks