APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
Experience:  20 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN HOME APPLIANCE REPAIR.
59801830

I have an Amana range and oven that I purchased in August -

Customer Question

I have an Amana range and oven that I purchased in August - October 2006. I can't find the identifying number for the appliance.

My qustion is as follows: I broke one of the knobs (black) that turns the burners on/off - more specifically part of the plastic interior of that knob that fits onto the metal piece to which it was attached.

Do I need to order a new knob and fit it onto the connecting metal piece? Will I need a repair technician to do it properly? I am not handy with repairs.

Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  APPLIANCE GURU-John replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using this service. I will be assisting you with your question today. The knob is easy to replace it just pulls right off and then align the new knob with the metal part on the range and slide it on. This is a website that shows where the model numbers are on different appliances just click the drop down bar and pick range. CLICK HERE
Thank you, if you have any follow up questions let me know. If you have any other questions about your range or any other appliances you have, in the future, just request me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I’m fine now. It’s fixed. Thanks for your help.
Your welcome.