Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have GE Profile Dishwasher PDW7880j10ss. This has happened

I have GE Profile Dishwasher PDW7880j10ss. This has happened a once before recently and unplugging and plugging it in worked. Not anymore.

All the buttons on the front panel besides Normal Wash, Start/ Reset, and Heated Dry work fine - but these 2 do not. They don't beep or light up at all and obviously the washer will not start. When opening and closing it, the washers beeps like normal
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

tell me please what all the buttons on the control panel say from left to right ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Rinse Only, Glasses Cycle, China Crytsal, Speed cycle, Normal Wash, cookware, anit bacteria, start/ reset, 1-9 delay hours, added heat, pre wash, heated dry
press these buttons in this order to reset the control board

normal wash - then - heated dry
normal wash - then - heated dry
normal wash - then - heated dry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pressed each sequentially three times but there is no response from the appliance. Nothing happens when I push either button (no beep and no light)
you will have to replace the control module thats inside the control panel and its part number WD21X10241 which cost about $104 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last question - is that a fairly straightforward task for someone with good DIY skills?
yes, open the door, remove the screws from around the edge and raise the inside panel and swap it out