Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my lg refrigerator does not cool at all now on freezer or refrigerator

my lg refrigerator does not cool at all now on freezer or refrigerator side. bought it used and did work at first but now nothing. model no lmx25964st
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you hear the fans and motors running like it's trying to cool? Or is the unit completely silent? Also, are both the refrigerator and freezer room temperature now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
fans and motor I can hear running like it should. freezer and refrigerator are both at room temp. so what now?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Now touch the big black round compressor and is it hot, warm or cool?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
compressor is slightly warm
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok so you're going to need to call a technician because you either have a freon leak or your compressor is inefficient. The compressor is warm because it's running, but if the refrigerator and freezer aren't cool, something is going on with the freon system and that isn't something you can fix yourself.