kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

I have an old GE Americana range with oven on top and bottom.

Customer Question

I have an old GE Americana range with oven on top and bottom. I believe the model # XXXXX XXXXX GE cannot even find that in their archives even though they tell me the model # XXXXX XXXXX It is electric and it also has 2 electrical outlets on the underside of the top oven that are run by a fuse on the inside under the back left burner. I have recently started to blow that fuse and I am looking for an owners manual and also would like to know if I can bump the fuse from a 20 amp to a 30 amp., or is there something else that is going on?

Annette
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 4 years ago.

kingmz : Hello my name is Marcus, you cannot put a 30 amp fuse, it is meant for a 20 amp fuse. If you put a 30 amp it will be a fire hazard, the wires will start to burn. As far as why it's tripping when the microwave is on sounds lIke a megatron problem. It's throwing out too many amps.
kingmz : I can't find any parts for this due to nothing coming up with that model number. If that microwave has a separate outlet get rid of that microwave and buy a new one to fit in that cutout. If you can get the part it will be redicilously over priced.
kingmz : Thanks for reading my answer and not responding