Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have a LG F/L washer.MOD#31esp4wash 3 phase motor. It seems

Customer Question

I have a LG F/L washer.MOD#31esp4wash
3 phase motor.
It seems to fill ok,wash ok.drain ok.
later in the cycle,it spins slowly then drains.seems normal.
It never goes into a fast spin.then I get a oe error code and it shuts off'
I did clea all contacts
rechecked the pump and lines.
drain line ok
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
OE is indicating the unit is taking too long to drain.

Check drain drain hose for kinks or obstructions -Check Drain pump change filter (Located On Lower Front Panel) -Check Drain motor wiring If the above checks test good, the drain motor needs replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has a strong drain.Checked all the drain lines for obstrutions
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
If everything checks out then I hate to say it but the pump will need to be replaced!

You did check the filter and make sure it is clear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did check the filter.If it has a strong drain.why do i have to change the pump?
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
The pump must not be doing its job to get the water out as fast as what it should be!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about the pressure switch?
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
the problem here is going to be either the pump/drain system has a restriction or the Motor control/speed control is bad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO RESTRICTIONS IN DRAIN AREA.

RTD SESOR IS BAD?

Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WHAT ABOUT THE PRESSURE SWITCH.DOOR SWITCH?
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
Does the door lock when in spin cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
CAN I HAVE APPLIANCE DOC
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

OE error means it taking too long for drain to pump water out of the machine. Check all parts of the drain....drain filter, pump, rubber boot, drain line......If all check good, and all is clear (free flowing), then lg says the problem is that the unit is not perfectly level. The unit has to be level is all directions to drain properly. If this information helps, please rate my answer with a smiley face. I will opt out so the appliance doc can have a shot at your question as well if you find my information didn't repair the issue on your machine.....Good luck.

Expert:  Technician-Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today, One of the biggest causes of this code is drain time, but if like you state the drain is fine and free flowing at a high rate ,then i would look into too much suds, the drain hose being too far down the drain or the pressure switch is not reading the water level accurately, unfortunately the pressure sensor has no sure way to be tested so the only way is to replace it, but like stated before the washer needs to be perfectly level and must be evenly loaded with enough of a load that it can balance. If you need more information or require further assistance please let me know so we can figure this out. If this has solved your problem then please accept or rate this answer so i am compensated for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the pressure switch does make sense.just before going into hard spin it goes into OE.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

I opted out for appliance doc, since you requested that expert But, since doc has not responded......If you have checked all the thing I mention, including the leveling......then you pump is faulty, and need to be replace. The OE code is known by LG to be the blocked pump code. If all components of pump area, drain hose, drain boot, and unit is level.....then pump has to be faulty.....not pumping fast enough to do the job.

Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you available
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Yes