Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

my roper icemaker is not making ice. It does not seem to be

my roper icemaker is not making ice. It does not seem to be getting water
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Please look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX not have diagrams for that model.

Is there frozen ice in the ice maker mold? Is this a top freezer model or a side x side?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no ice, side by side
Rick there is a fill tube behind the ice maker. You may have to loosen the 2 screws just over the top of the ice maker (1/4inch) and sometimes one under the bottom to be able to see it. Once the top screws are loose you can lift the ice maker off of those screws. Check that tube at the rear of the freezer, is that tube clogged with ice.

Also there are ejector blades which moves the ice out of the ice maker mold into the ice bin. Are your ejector blades pointing to the right just above level?

This is not a picture of your ice maker but a picture that points out what the ejector blades are.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The ejector blades seem to be in the position you mentioned. there is no water coming up the plastic tube from where the water comes in at the bottom. I dont know if i will be able to remove the ice maker.
I understand, to give a correct solution I need to know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fill tube is not clogged with ice
If there is no clog and the ice maker mold is empty replace the inlet valve.
The inlet valve is the first part your homes water supply connects to. One side is for the ice maker and one side is for the dispenser. Its a dual valve in one body. To replace it UNPLUG THE UNIT. Turn off the water, remove the screws holding it on and pull it out where you can work with it. If you look where the plastic lines go into the valve you will see a white or yellow ring. Press that down in toward the valve while pressing the line in at the same time. Then pull the line out while holding the ring down. Simply push the line in the new valve and give it a light tug to be sure its seated.

Once you get all the water lines changed pull a wire connector off the old valve and push it on the new. Do that one at a time so you do not get them mixed up. Thats it. Plug up the unit and turn everything on and it will all start automatically.