Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My D1876 runs great after 8 years or so. but now the final

My D1876 runs great after 8 years or so. but now the final cycle does not shut off after the normal time. It sounds like the dry cycle still runs. Only way to cut it off is to hit start/stop button. Might stay humming all night if I don't watch it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

appliance Doc :

appliance Doc :

Are you saying that the dishwasher won't run at all now?

appliance Doc :

And what I mean by that is, "Can you start a cycle from the beginning and it will run through a normal cycle until it gets to the end when it sort of stalls and the motor just keeps running?"

appliance Doc :

Or does it just hum like the motor is running all the time now and never stops?

appliance Doc :

are you still with me?

Customer:

No, it runs fine. Completes the dry cycle...but then won't shut off. When I hit start/stop button it shuts off immediately.

Did you get my reply?

appliance Doc :

Yes, I did get your replay thank you

appliance Doc :

So does the control panel act like the cycle is over even though the pump is still running?

Customer:

Sort of...the lights all light up along the panel which is the indicator the cycle is complete. You have to move over close to the machine to hear it, or touch the front near the panel to feel the vibration. Seems like an electrical circuit or switch not kicking off.

appliance Doc :

OK so that fan is just the vent fan on the door. That fan is supposed to keep running until you open the door. But if that fan funs even after you open the door until you hit the start/stop button, that is a problem. The only thing that can cause this issue is the control board itself which you'd need to order from Asko directly. The part is about $450 or so normally so it's not cheap. But if you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself. It comes with instructions and everything is pretty much plug and play minus the diode you need to cut which is explained in the instructions.

Customer:

So the true test is to run the next cycle, when it is done - if it doesn't shut off on it's own, open the door. That should cut the fan, if I understand you. If it doesn't cut off with that motion ( which I think I have tried to no avail ) then replace the control board?

appliance Doc :

That is correct, yes.

Customer:

Okay, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX follow through on that and if necessary, buy the board.

appliance Doc :

no problem, and if you need anything else just let me know.

Customer:
appliance Doc :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.