APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
Experience:  20 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN HOME APPLIANCE REPAIR.
59801830

need to replace plastic tubing to water dispenser whirlpool

Customer Question

need to replace plastic tubing to water dispenser whirlpool ED27PQ
do I need to remove inner door panel ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I know this is bad news, but there isn't a possibility of doing what you are asking. Whirlpool made the door on this model completely foamed in and the door can not be taken apart. The entire freezer door would need to be replaced if for some reason the plastic tube that runs up to the dispenser cracked inside the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you in the mood to think out of the box ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
sure? why do you ask?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the tubing is leaking at the bend just as it enters the bottom of the door.

the unit is located in costa rice with no help available.

can the door panel be cut to gain access to the tubing and glued back on again?

is it possible to gain access to the fornt dispenser panel?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So, the door is completely foamed in. They use spray foam and it holds the inner door to the outer door panel. What you'd need to do is pull the door gasket off, then use a knife and cut the glue all the way around the inner door liner. Then you can pull the inner door liner off with some force (hopefully it won't crack). At that point, you'd need to cut out the foam to access the water line that runs up inside of it to replace the water line. Then add more spray foam insulation and silicone the inner door liner back onto the outer door panel.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate that you were not telling me that I am nuts.

I spent 14 yrs for the US government in Afrika and have done stranger things than that

I will keep you informed

is there an e-mail adress where I can see the " innards " of the dispenser setup I could download ?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If you go to the link below, you can see the breakdown of the entire appliance, but that's about the only somewhat useful thing I can come up with for you.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  APPLIANCE GURU-John replied 2 years ago.
Take off the tubing connector at the bottom of the freezer door at the endd of the tubing. Take off the tubing from the holder where it comes out of the door and pull the tubing from the dispenser out of the door put the new tubing in the same way you pulled the old tubing out then when it comes out of the bottom attach it to the connector. If you have anymore questions let me know.
This is the part you will need to replace there are 2 different parts in the package for 2 different models just use the 1 for your model. CLICK HERE
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You are definitely more than welcome to try Appliance Guru's solution, but if you find that it doesn't work (which you will), then please make sure to not accept on his response and accept on mine so that you don't pay the wrong person.

If you need anymore information about the repair please let me know.