Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my maytag pye2300ayw continues to blow thermal fuses. The vent

my maytag pye2300ayw continues to blow thermal fuses. The vent line has been cleaned, the venting inside the dryer has been cleaned and the fuse next to the blower has been replaced. It will run a complete cycle and then blows the thermal fuse. Sometimes it even starts a second load and then stops. What else can it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I know you said the venting inside the dryer has been cleaned, but make sure the vent at the bottom of the front panel that goes up into the lint filter is clean because that part will back up a lot on this model often.

As far the other possibility, if you're positive that the vent through your house isn't clogged, then you need to replace the heating element. The element tends to sag down as it heats on this model and sometimes will start to ground out and touch the heating element frame. This will cause the heater to stay on all the time and never shut off causing the fuse on the side of the heater to break.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The venting on the front panel has been cleaned, I removed it previously. The heating element shows some signs of sagging. Will it sag more as it heats? Also, it doesn't appear that there is anything for it to contact below it. If it expands, or moves sideways it might contact the housing it fits in. Can this happen? Is there a way to test the element prior to just replacing it? I am tired of spending money on this thing, so either I fix it soon, or it goes to the scrap heap.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the elements sags quite a bit more when it heats up actually. And yes, the element will sag and can touch the mounting brackets or the side panels. There is no way to test the element because it's not something that happens all the time, it only happens right before the dryer fails. That's why no matter what the issue is you can't test for the problem because the fuse isn't breaking right away meaning that unless it's a vent issue, everything is working normally until at some point something fails.