Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Last week the Pure Convection, Convect Bake, Bake, Broil and

Last week the Pure Convection, Convect Bake, Bake, Broil and Self Clean buttons on our Dacor 30 inch Single Wall Oven, Model ECS130SBK became completely unresponsive (don't beep and don't turn anything on) and therefore the oven doesn't turn on any more. All the other buttons on the touchpad, beep when touched and work properly (e.g. clock, timers and probe). No 'F" codes were displayed. I tried replacing the touchpad membrane but the problem persisted. I unplugged the touchpad and still no 'F" codes. Looking for suggestions on what the issue may be and what part(s) I may need to attempt repair.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is actually a fairly common issue for this oven and generally it happens from a power surge or possibly changing out a light bulb in the oven? Either way, the touchpad is actually NOT the problem, but the problem is actually going to be the ERC (also known as the display control board). In addition to that, sometimes you'll replace the display board and the oven buttons will start to respond again, but the oven won't heat. So I did want to warn you that when this happens, sometimes the main power relay board will also need to be replaced---you just won't know until after you replace the display control board.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

O.K. I'll return the membrane and replace the ERC and see what happens, I doubt I have the skills to replace the main power relay board, so hopefully it isn't that.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The main relay board isn't all that difficult to replace. It does require that you uninstall the oven and pull it out about 12 inches so that you can remove the top access panel, but then it's all plug and play.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O.K., I'll order both parts and let you know how I get on next week when I attempt the repair...can you give me the part numbers so I make sure I order the correct items? I'll gladly accept your answer and pay the fee if this works as it will have saved me the cost of someone coming to the house, thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
unfortunately it would be better to call a parts store like Repairclinic.com or some place like that to make sure that you get the correct part on these units. I generally recommend AppliancePartsPros.com since they accept returns should you not need the relay control board.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.