Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have an Lg French door (3 door) bottom freezer refridgerator

I have an Lg French door (3 door) bottom freezer refridgerator that about once a month the ice maker freezes up. the only way we can get it working again is to turn it off so that it thaws out then turn it back on and it works for a while before freezing again. My wife uses it daily.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
Hello ..I'm glad you Gave Just Answer a try today..I should be able to save you a significant amount of money on your repair...When you say freezes up..Are saying the ice maker itself is over flowing with frozen ice..? Does it look as if there is to much water in the tray..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Actually there are cubes in the maker that will not drop into the bin. its like the maker cannot eject the frozen cubes.
What is the exact model number of your fridge please..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not at home at this time. I will get it in a couple hours.
Ok great no problem at all..If the ice tray is filling and the ice is not dumping..Then most likely you have a problem with the ice maker itself....If the ice maker is over flowing..Then you have a faulty water inlet valve..Once you're in a position to provide the model number we can work on this problem further..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do know it is not overflowing, it may be over filling a little but water is not flowing into the bin or anywhere else. I will have the model number shourtly after lunch. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok here is the model number LFX25960ST
Good model number Thanks..If you notice part # XXXXX are the vents which circulate air from the freezer via freezer fan.If the ice maker is not over flowing..Then most likely you have a problem with warm air meeting cold air inside the ice bank..(compartment)..This problem is most likely a faulty door seal #630 c..Once the warm air meets the cold air obviously you will see the frost buildup..It can also be caused by poor air flow..Open the freezer compartment..Press up on the ceiling..As the ceiling is actually the duct work to the ice maker Via parts #630J..I have seen a allot of times where the ceiling will hang ..Which causes poor air flow due to leaking air back into the freezer before it circulates trough the vents..The ceiling just snaps in place so it can often sag down which causes this problem.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need clarification since I checked the seals you indicated may be leaking and they look fine to me. What is considered overflowing on this ice maker?
This would be water or ice dripping from the ice maker itself..From what you have explained..It sounds more like a air temperature problem.(Warm Meeting Cold)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last part, the top panel in the freezer is definitly sagging, what can be done to correct that, where can the seals be purchased?
Check the hinges to the panel..If the seal looks good then i would worry about aligning the panel itself..The parts can be purchased at any local appliance shop..Or online CLICK HERE FOR PARTS