Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Customer Question

Why would my GE Profile large capacity washer not start 3when power button is engaged. We have checked the outlet and it is OK.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am anxious to help you fix your appliance! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Thank you! Remove the plug from the outlet for about 5 minutes to reset the control and see if it will do anything after plugging it back in. Let me know what happens. Any codes on the screen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No results. I hear a click when I pushed the button. Nothing but darkness on the screen.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Okay, so the click indicates that the main control has power, so the display board is likely faulty. The display board is number 62 in the breakdown below, accessed by removing the screws at the back of the control console. The control simply unplugs and the new one will plug right in.The display board is available below, and if ordered from the link below, that company allows returns if you need to return the control, for any reason even if installed!

Display Board Assembly <--------- CLICK HERE FOR DISPLAY BOARD

Rating me will NOT close this question! Once you offer your feedback rating, you may still refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Please let me know how I can earn your highest rating, thanks!