Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi have a whirlpool duet , when machine is on the lights on

Customer Question

Hi have a whirlpool duet , when machine is on the lights on control panel blinks for normal load etc. When push and hold button to start machine you hear door lock and then unlock and timer light starts to blink any help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So are the lights on the control panel always blinking for a normal load? Or are you saying that only after you push and hold the start button the light flashes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they are blinking for a normal load ..before pushing the start button
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so unfortunately that shouldn't be happening unless the inter face control board is going out. Try to just unplug the washer for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to order and replace the interface control board which unfortunately is about $200-250 or so.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi the answer you gave me was not right . I need a total different part that I diagnosed on my own
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure what you're talking about since the interface control board is the only one that can cause the issue you described, but have a nice day.