Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The cap for drying aid fell in dishwasher and was burnt up

Customer Question

The cap for drying aid fell in dishwasher and was burnt up by heating element we replaced cap, now it makes a terrible noise when running
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using My name is Kelly and I am anxious to help you fix your appliance! Is it possible that part of the burnt cap has gotten into the sump? If you post the model number, I can send you a video showing how to disassemble the sump and clean it out. It is not a difficult procedure.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
The video below will show you how to access and clean all inner areas of the sump assembly. All is done from inside the dishwasher. Please let me know if you need additional help!

Repair Video <------- CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO

Rating me will NOT close this question! Once you offer your feedback rating, you may still refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Please let me know how I can earn your highest rating, thanks!