kingmz
kingmz, Customer Service
Experience:  Looking to learn as well as teach.

FDB4050LHS1 will not show the digital display as working? I

Customer Question

FDB4050LHS1 will not show the digital display as working? I took out the bottom plastic parts to clean and after putting back, it will not show electronics display? I did turn off the breaker for 5 minutes and then turned back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

kingmz : Hello what I want you to do is unplug the dishwasher and plug a light into that socket, does the light turn in? Then take the bottom kick plate off and you will see a metal square box with a 1-4 or Phillips screw holding it in, take that box off and make sure the wires are connected. If you have a bulg in the wire cap, reword it
kingmz : Rewire it
Customer :
kingmz : I can't read what you typed
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
I switched to q & a chat in here, did you read what I wrote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should not have to rewire if i did not touch the wiring. I only cleaned the trap and the digital display will not work.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Listen, you have to go to the basics. We are making sure you have power from the outlet and then on the bottom is where the power starts into the dishwasher. Just because you didn't touch it doesn't mean it didn't break. Do that and tell me what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, will try
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
If everything checks out, I want you to drop the dishwasher down and take the top panel off. Either Phillips or star screws. You will see a green strip that goes from the touchpad to the main board. Disconnect that and use an eraser on the tip of the strip and put it back in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, wiring is good. I am trying to take off top panel. It is stuck. I unscrewed 4 screws.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
You may have to unscrew all the screws, some dishwashers you can just take the top panel off and other times you have to take all the screws off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, i got it off. now I disconnect the strip. please wait a sec.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I opened the panel, I saw and smelled some wires burned out in the main board. Water got in there some how and fried it!
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Then that's what you have to replace, open the door and inside to the left there will be a model number, read me that do I can tell you the correct part to order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do much at this point.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking for the model number do you know what the correct part is and what's the price
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
This is a link to that board with the price. Look at the picture to make sure that is the part you saw that is burnt, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/frigidaire-control-board-item-number-ap4499574.aspx